The new toy
I decided I wanted something a bit more fun that my 109 for commuting and belting around the local mountains.
I test rode a few bikes, but the first time I sat on this CBR, it was the winner.
At 6’7, my choices for a comfy sports bike are fairly limited, but this won hands down.
Its got a few cosmetic issues. There is a chunk missing from the LHS mid-fairing and the front fender had a chunk missing (death by soccer ball supposedly). For now I’ve trimmed the front fender, but it will get replaced in time.
Already on it is a legal Arrow Carbon-fibre exhaust and a decent tinted double-bubble screen.
At this stage I’ve ordered and am waiting on:
- Clymers Service Manual (a necessity)
- Mirrors (the crappy after-market ones on it are useless)
- Footpegs (one is slightly bent, and both are slippery as hell)
- Stickers (to clean up some of the cosmetics)
- Side stand (the current one is pretty floppy and stuffed)
However given its age, and that its got 97,000k’s, the engine is smooth and quiet (not a rattle, knock, or leak), the suspension is still good and everything else works as it should.