Stage 2: Canned.
Every step I took with this second stage of the project ended in more issues and changes. The carburettor wouldn’t fit, the manifold wouldn’t fit, the exhaust wouldn’t fit, the ignition needed re-wiring, the switch blocks needed re-wiring….. The list goes on.
The final nail in the coffin was the intake manifold again. This morning the riser I needed turned up, but it still wouldn’t fit. Also it occurred to the exhaust was wrong too.
I was already having doubts about how much of a Frankenstein-cub I really wanted.
So today, with my day off I put the whole bike back together the way Mr Honda intended. The only exception being the leg shields. I’m still waiting on a different air box to show this week and with it I hope to fit the ‘new’ leg shields I have.