The website – the never ending story…
Well, as all l know, last week we moved hosting providers. From the nightmare that had become DreamHost, to an awesome Australian service provided by MDWebhosting.
The main reason behind this was the performance and reliability we were getting from DH was complete crap.
Unfortunately the move did not go that smoothly. Files went missing, file permissions went out the window, files got corrupt… the list goes on.
Anyways, after a week of arguing with it, I finally got the shit working…. sort of.
As of yesterday, I started getting reports thru that the portal application that runs ‘around’ the forums (gives you the side-bars etc) wasn’t loading for a whole mass of people.
So I’ve made the decision to do a completely fresh install of the forum, portal etc etc, and migrate all users, posts, attachments etc over to it.
In theory, there should be no loss service while i’m doing this…
Wish me luck!